IF YOU GO-OH TO SANTA CRUZ …
“How will you make history?”
In the heart of Santa Cruz, I’ve found a museum I’m crazy about. Let me count the ways …
- It’s compact enough to absorb without suddenly feeling, “If I don’t sit down and stop looking at art in the next 30 seconds, I’m gonna go blind.”
- It approaches history without preaching or airbrushing, in a way that impacts the soul as well as the brain.
- It balances the serious/weighty with the amusing/light.
- It serves good food at affordable prices.
- And it comes with outdoor spaces to sit and schmooze, contemplate and consider.
The name of the place? MAH, the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History. MAH is as inviting, family-friendly, hands-on and impactful a museum as I’ve seen anywhere. The message on the doorsill of the history exhibit asks: “How will you make history?”
I like it like that.